Introduced recently by the Government of India in July 2017, GST or Goods and Services Tax has effectively simplified the whole process of taxation by doing away with the multiple taxes complexities and increasing the tax base. The GST reform has brought many small businesses under the taxpayer base by widening the annual turnover threshold. This tremendously improves the ease of doing business and hence encourages the upcoming businesses to flourish ethically.
Every business and individual involved in buying or selling of goods or providing services or both has to register for GST. Entities would not be able to collect GST from customer or claim input tax credit of GST paid if they have not registered under GST. Entities can even be penalized in case of lack of GST registration. Moreover, it is compulsory for an entity to register for GST once the threshold turnover crosses or the new business setup is expected to cross the prescribed turnover.
Jain Divya & Associates are learned chartered accountant who has in-depth knowledge about GST in particular and can help you with GST registration along with periodic GST return filings. We make sure to keep you updated with latest reforms and help you meet various GST compliances. The GST registration takes approximately 10-15 working days after submission of all documents, depending upon government processing. For further details and consultation regarding GST from, schedule an appointment with Jain Divya & Associates.
Documents Required for GST Registration
GST Registration Process
Jain Divya & Associates can help you get the GST certificate is 10-12 working days, subject to government processing.
- We collect all the necessary documents from you and prepare your GST application.
- Once the application and documents are finalized, we will file your application online and provide you the ARN no. for reference.
- Once the GST application and the attached supporting documents are verified by the Officer, GSTIN and GST Certificate is provided.
Eligibility Criteria for GST Registration
- Entities with annual aggregate turnover of more than Rs. 40 lacs, throughout the country, except for north east and
- Hill stations where the threshold is Rs. 10 lacs, have to register for GST mandatorily.
- Any entity dealing with inter-state supply of goods and/or services, irrespective of the turnover, has to register for GST mandatorily.
- Entities involved in supply of goods and/or services through e-commerce platforms have to register for GST mandatorily.
- All entities having service tax or VAT or central excise registration must be registered under GST mandatorily.
- Casual taxpayers, who occasionally get involved in supply of goods and/or services with no fixed place for business, are also eligible to register for GST.
GST registered entities also have to regularly and periodically file GST returns, failure to which might attract penalty. Depending upon the annual turnover, the entity is supposed to file returns such as GST-1, GST-2 upto GST-10 on respective dates.
From getting you through the initial GST registration to guiding throughout the GST return filing, Jain Divya & Associates keeps you aware, informed and alert about different compliances. Get in touch with Jain Divya & Associates to know more about GST.