Registered Office Change
Every company that starts operating has to first register itself with Ministry of Corporate Affairs under the regional Registrar of Companies. The registered office of a company is the principle operating place of the business to which all the correspondences from the MCA are sent. Further, it is also mandatory that the Book of Accounts of the company must be maintained at the registered office.
As the company flourishes, it might want to shift its registered to some other location due to the greater scope. A company can change its registered office by notifying and getting approval from MCA and ROC. The procedure for Change of Registered Office depends on situation.
If the registered office is being shifted from one address to another within the limits of the same city or jurisdiction of the ROC.
If the registered office is being shifted from one city to another within the same state under different ROC.
If the registered office is shifted from one state to another.
Alteration Requiring MOA Amendment
- Name Clause: name change of the company.
- Object Clause: change of the objective and further necessary matters of the company.
- Registered Office Clause: change of location of registered office of a company from one state to other across different ROC.
- Capital Clause: change in the authorized share capital of the company.
- Liability Clause: alteration in the liability of the members of the company.
The registered office change for a company is lengthy and cumbersome procedure and hence the professional guidance comes as great help. Jain Divya & Associates extends expertise and experience in filing of change in the address of registered office of the company. Know more about the registered office change by scheduling a consultation session with Jain Divya & Associates.
Procedure for Change of Registered Office
The changing of registered office of the company within the limits of the city or town, do not require permission from shareholders or any authority, but need to notify the regional Registrar within 30 days of the change of registered office.
In case of change of registered office from one city to another within the state, the company needs to take approval from shareholder by passing resolution and Board Resolution along with NOC from the landlord of the new address need to be submitted to the Registrar at the MCA.
However, the inter-state change of registered office of the company is the lengthiest procedure and requires passing of special resolution for the change of registered office by the company law board. The company also needs to advertise the proposed change of registered office in the newspaper and make sure that no employee is being retrenched due to the change. The state government is notified and the application of change of the registered office of the company is filed with the MCA. The concerned ROC approves the change of registered office. Accordingly the change has to be accommodated in the Memorandum of Association (MOA) of the company.
Our Help in Filing Registered Office Change
- We analyze and understand the situation of change for your company. We advice and devise the procedure to be followed.
- Once the special resolution is passed, we help you draft the application and necessary documents which are to be filed.
- We help you file the application along with all the documents with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs and get approval for the change of Registered Office.
C-245/6, Near St. Gyaneshwar School Vallabh Nagar Raipur, Chhattisgarh-492001
9am - 6pm Mon - Fri